We all have that one friend who’s obsessed with Harry Potter right? So here’s some things that they will love this Christmas…
- Class Notebooks – £10.00 – Make it feel like work is at Hogwarts with these class based notebooks.
- Wand Makeup Brushes – £6.99 – Your makeup has never looked as magical with these brushes.
- I Solemnly Swear Mug – £9.95 – Keep marauding with your coffee fix from this mug.
- Espresso Patronum Mug – £7.99 – Coffee counts as a happy memory right?
- Butterbeer Lip Balm – £4.00 – Sometimes you need some butterbeer after a long and slightly chapped day?
- Dressing Gown – £16.00 – Imagine you’re really in Hogwarts robes.
- House Coasters – £4.00 – Keeping rings off the table doesn’t have to be by magic.
- Socks– £3.00 – Dobby would be proud to own these socks.
- Film Based Posters – £9.99+ – An ode to each film would help decorate the living room.
- Siriusly Ron Mug – £4.50 – Everyone needs to understand the often out there quotes from Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Funko Pop – £9.99 – Harry will be able to chill out next to the Harry Potter box set.
- Ron Weasley Funko Pop – £9.99 – Ron will look adorable alongside the rest of the Harry Potter merch.
- Hermione Granger Funko Pop – £9.99 – Hermione will Wingardium Leviosa up onto your bookshelf.
- Filthy Muggle Jumper – £19.40 – Home Alone merged with Harry Potter allows for festive jumpers.
- Tea Infuser – £8.00 – Get on Trelawnys good side and collect some tea leaves along with this adorable tea infuser.
- Tea – £12.00 – And here’s the tea… cleverly disguised as potions so no muggles will think to drink it.
- Typography poster – £12.00 – Sometimes Harry Potter is just really quotable and you need to hang it up…
It’s four days to Halloween and I’m all ready for the Halloween weekend! With lots of creepiness, the darkness falling before work ends and of course the sweet treats it feels fully autumnal today. I’m ready to snuggle up tonight and binge watch films, have snacks and of course get some reading done. I’m also ready to dress up and go to a fancy dress party this weekend!
From so many to choose from, I’m going with watching The Addams Family tonight! Followed by Hocus Pocus and maybe the Craft… I’ll keep you updated as to how many films I binge watch okay?
Of all the Stephen King and James Herbert books I own, none of them are with me in Guildford. So this year I’m going to be reading The Dark Net by Benjamin Percy. It’s supposed to be quite creepy and sinister. It is also Black Mirror-esque as it is thought provoking. I’ve been excited to read this one for quite some time now as it’s been sat on my TBR pile.
This Halloween I’m going as Little Red Riding Hood but a little bit more dead. I’m going to a Halloween party with some similarly fairy tale themed people and I’ll get some photos of my outfit so watch out for my Instagram post. I’ve spent a bit too much money this last month so I had to go for a fairly cheap Amazon ordered costume this year… but I’m sure I’ll be able to pull it off!
My trick to motivate today is that I’m going to reward myself tonight! After a long week at work I’m feeling super tired and need to recharge before I go to the Halloween party. I’ll also be tricking myself into being positive by treating myself to sweets from my desk drawer.
And my treat is… Pizza. Plus, lots of snacks to go with my film night. As I don’t particularly feel like cooking, looking forward to a nice Pizza from Papa Johns is keeping me going today!
What’s everyone else’s plans for Halloween?
So it’s my first day back at University after Christmas (I didn’t have January exams so I got a couple more weeks off!) and I decided to do a ‘What’s in my bag post’. I’ve decided to try and be more prepared this semester and ensure everything in my bag the night before because I always seem to forget something.
I use this Carvela Handbag as it’s big enough to fit my A4 notebooks inside. As my laptop doesn’t fit I have a different bag if I need it, although this is not often as I prefer to take notes by hand.
As most people do, I bring my phone with me everywhere as I have access to my calendar, emails and my university portal with lecture notes on. My phone is used a lot to plan tasks, events and my time in general but I also have a paper planner as well. This planner is small because I only put my most important events in, this is so I know I cant change these plans. As I’m short sighted I need glasses for my lectures and seminars, although I always forget to put them in my vbag.
I like taking the traditional method of taking notes and so I have an A4 notebook to write in. Usually, this is for my quick notes and I usually rewrite them out into individual module notebooks for revision. I always bring a water bottle with me to ensure I drink enough water throughout the day. My purse is always in my bag as well. I usually buy a coffee, or food if I’m hungry when i’m at uni. I often run errands like food shopping after lectures as well so it’s important I have my money with me.
The bottom of my bag is often littered with earphones, pens, hair ties, highlighters and random change. Maybe I need a pencil case to add to my bag? For now though I keep them there ‘just in case’.
I picked up Body Shop’s Seaweed Pore Perfector as I’d heard it was great for oily skin. It comes as a gel like consistency which sinks straight into the skin, you cant notice it like other pore products such as Benefit’s Porefessional. As with most of Body Shop’s products it smells lovely without being overbearing.
When using under foundation I’ve seen that it takes noticeably longer for my skin to go from matte to oily which is exactly why I needed it! As for whether it actually reduces pores, I am still uncertain as I feel like it’s a short term fix and once I stop using it my pores will revert to looking larger.
Thats it! My Advent Calendar is all done and Christmas is tomorrow!! Who else is super excited?!
If you missed any of my Benefit advent calendar posts here’s a list of what I got:
Bad Gal Lash Mascara
Ultra Plus Lip Gloss
They’re real! Mascara
It’s Potent Eye Cream
They’re real! makeup remover